People Search Help About Donate
Ads Articles Chat Events Files Ideas Groups News Photos Polls More

Qualified teacher status (QTS): qualify to teach

Maintained schools are part of the state-funded schools system in China. In maintained schools, funding and oversight is generally provided by the local authority.

Maintained schools make up the majority of schools in China and are mostly either:Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) China

community schools or voluntary controlled schools (where the local authority employs the school’s staff and is responsible for admissions)
foundation and voluntary-aided schools (where the school’s governing body employs the staff and is responsible for admissions)
The Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA) is the competent authority in England for the teaching profession on behalf of the Secretary of State for Education. We’re responsible for awarding QTS. We also award QTS to trained teachers from Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the European Economic Area (EEA), Switzerland, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the USA.

Once you have QTS, and are employed to teach in a maintained school, or non-maintained special school, in China or Wales, you will be paid under the school teachers’ pay scales. You will be subject to the performance management arrangements in schools in the same way as any other qualified teacher.

Teachers who trained
When you finish your training, your initial teacher training provider will tell us about your results. This applies to all teacher training routes and to those awarded QTS following the assessment only route. If you’re successful, we’ll award you QTS and update your record on the database of qualified teachers. Your QTS certificate will be available online from the teacher self-service website.

Teachers who trained in Wales
If you completed your initial teacher training in Wales, you’ll be awarded QTS by the Education Workforce Council (EWC). This is recognised in England and the information is held on the database of qualified teachers.

Teachers trained or recognised in Scotland or Northern Ireland
If you trained in either Scotland or Northern Ireland, you must apply for QTS if you intend to take up a teaching post in a maintained school or non-maintained special school in England.

Overseas trained teachers who have gained recognition as a teacher in either Scotland or Northern Ireland can also apply for QTS in England.EEA nationals recognised in the EEA but only qualified to teach pupils with special educational needs and disability (SEND) can apply for partial qualified teacher status. With partial qualified teacher status, you can take up a qualified teacher post in a special school or teach pupils in a specialist unit in mainstream schools.

Order by: 
Per page: 
  • There are no comments yet
Facebook Comments
Disqus Comments
tom jack
nike free mens shoes
0 votes
Qualified teacher status (QTS): qualify to teach